Accountant - Full Time - BFL
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and outreach to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Accountant on a full time basis. The Accountant will provide support to the accounting and payroll department for four different Programs and report to Chief Fiscal Officer. The Accountant must be able to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment with an excellent attention to detail. The position requires the ability to prioritize work, demonstrate strong accountability, good judgment, and meet established deadlines.
- Perform all bookkeeping functions—including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and vendor management.
- Assist in running bi-weekly payroll and preparing payroll data reports.
- Ensure general ledger integrity and quality control; maintain supporting schedules for various general ledger accounts.
- Ensure correct expense allocation across the different cost centers.
- Assist in the accurate preparation of fiscal reports to funding agencies.
- Responsible for month-end and/or quarter-end closing entries and generating related reports from both Fund EZ and Excel.
- Perform other related duties, including assist with the audit process.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft and accounting package applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and capacity to be detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a team member.
Start Date: ASAP
Annual Salary: Based on experience + full Benefit*
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
*Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Sick days, Personal days, Paid National Holidays and more.