Administrative Assistant - Full Time - BFLA
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and outreach to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues.
BFLA Administrative Assistant:
This position reports to Program Director and/or Director of Social Services.
- Assist the Program Director and the Director of Social Services in keeping records and preparing reports.
- Order supplies for the program.
- Reconcile petty cash, gift cards, and metro cards for the program.
- Correspondence for the director and other staff designated by the director.
- Coordinate the delivery of mail to all staff and other tasks appropriate to the position
- Assist and maintain records as directed by Program Director and the Director of Social Services
- Coordinate conference room and meeting request
- Assist with filing and organizing tenant files in accordance with maintaining confidentiality.
- Answer/monitor phone calls when required and schedule meetings when requested
- Monitor the door for visitors to gain access.
- Expected to perform or undertake additional duties as deemed needed for the Supportive Housing Program
- Must demonstrate the knowledge of appropriate boundaries with all residents and staff as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or QED equivalent
- Must have excellent written and oral skills
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of vulnerable populations
- Must be self-directed and able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Knowledge of databases a plus
BFL provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants, with employment based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic disposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic as established by law.