Assistant Director, LCSW - Full Time
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. One of its longest-standing programs is the non-residential domestic violence program, otherwise known as The Secret Garden, which provides a variety of non-residential services to domestic violence survivors with disabilities. The Secret Garden offers case management, safety planning, occupational therapy, short- and long-term individual counseling, advocacy within the medical, mental health, child welfare, law enforcement, and criminal justice systems, and referrals to outside services. These services are provided at Secret Garden’s Manhattan-based office, as well as at New York City-sponsored Family Justice Centers located in the five boroughs.
- Supervision of staff within the capacity of monthly stat completion, or reports related to specific grants
- Supervision of graduate level social work interns
- Maintenance and completion of monthly and quarterly reports and of the program statistics to be given to the Program Director for review
- Maintenance of program functions such as completing staff timesheets, communicating with staff regarding schedules
- Oversight of the program’s financial empowerment work and reporting
- Assist in the coordination of activities and special events
- Assist in development and maintenance of liaison relationships with partners in special projects
- Assist in program development and request for proposals
- Assist with development of trainings and participation in outreach/training events
- Manage a small caseload of victims of domestic violence with disabilities
- Additional tasks as deemed necessary by the Program Director
- General office management, including the processing of employee time sheets, petty cash management, and transportation reimbursement.
- Provide front desk and hotline coverage as required, and forward and un-forward calls for the hotline as required
- A minimum of three years’ experience
- Social services experience with survivors of domestic violence and persons living with disabilities preferred
- SIFI (Seminar in Field Instruction) certification or eligibility to participate in SIFI required
- Effective communication skills
Start Date: September 2019
Salary: based on experience
Full Time hours per week: 35.00, Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Benefit: Medical, dental and vision, Paid vacation, sick personal and holiday time, Life insurance, Retirement Plan – 401K, and many more.