Nurse, LPN - Part Time - BFLA
Barrier Free Living, Holding (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. The Supportive Housing Program is a 120-unit program that provides permanent supportive housing to vulnerable and needy populations with disabilities who are survivors of domestic violence. The program exists on one property that have adjacent buildings: a 70 unit studio apartment building for adult singles located at 616 East 139th Street, Bronx, NY 10454 and a 50 unit apartment building (19 one bedrooms and 31 two bedrooms) for families located at 637 East 138th Street, Bronx, NY 10454.
Specifically, our program will provide housing and support services for homeless disabled adults and disabled veterans (70 units of studio apartments NY/NY III Priority I Pop A) and for families who have a head of household with a disabling medical condition (50 units of one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments NY/NY III PriorityV Pop G). Our Supportive Housing program is physically designed and equipped to serve people with all kinds of physical disabilities.
The Nurse reports to the Program Director; collaborates with the Director of Social Services and Occupational Therapist.
- Complete nursing medical assessment on all new residents
- Collect and maintain PPD record of residents, as per state regulations
- Collaboration with interdisciplinary team including but not limited to social workers and occupational therapy
- Initiates appropriate teaching and/or referrals
- Linking or re-engage tenants to medical providers
- Coordinating with resident and medical provider around safety
- Coordinates services with home care and visiting nurse services
- Provide outreach and community linkages within the medical community
- Performs phone screenings for admission into the shelter
- On-call for medical emergency to advise staff
- Performs and legibly documents nursing care according to resident needs in a competent and timely manner.
- Perform emergency assessments and interventions, as needed
- Performs other tasks as appropriate, as per the Program Director
- Provide medical clearance for children to attend BFLA child care as needed
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with three years of experience
- Preferred experience with people of various disabilities including physical and medical conditions, and mental health
- Clearance from the State Central Register of Child Abuse and Maltreatment.
- Experience with training CPR, First Aid, and AED, preferred
- Computer literate
Start Date: ASAP
Hour Rate: $35.15
Part Time Hours: 14 hours per week
Benefits Package: Retirement Benefit, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick days, Paid Personal day
Public Assistant recipient are encouraged to apply.