Payroll Coordinator - Full Time - BFL
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and outreach to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues.
The Payroll Coordinator is full-time exempt position that reports to the Chief Fiscal Officer. The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for overall administration of the agency’s employee payroll and benefits plans.
- Perform payroll transactions such as data entry, case gatekeeping, and quality control review of mater data updates, and audit reviews where needed.
- Collect, analyze, update and reconcile payroll and other payroll related data according to established guidelines, standards, and procedures.
- Ensure all company, federal, state, local, and other applicable compliance requirements are met.
- Examine and verify payroll related data for accuracy and consistency.
- Handle initial and/ or basic payroll related request and issues.
- Generates and distributes Labor Distribution and Overtime reports to Chief Fiscal Officer, Program Directors, and Mangers.
- Work with the Chief Fiscal Officer to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes
- Assist the Chief Fiscal Officer with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
- Communicates and collaborates with HR team to make necessary changes/updates to employee records, including Retirement plan 401 (K)
- Perform Bank Reconciliation on all bank accounts.
- Assists Chief Fiscal Officer with special projects related to payroll and completes other duties as assigned including assisting with internal and funder audit.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting and/or administering automated payroll systems, with knowledge of federal and state tax laws pertaining to payroll function. Experience with implementing new payroll system is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft and payroll accounting applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational skills and detail-oriented.
Commitment to Confidentiality and discretion.
BFL provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants, with employment based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, creed, genetic disposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic as established by law.