Social Worker, LMSW/LCSW - SG Program
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. One of its longest-standing programs is the non-residential domestic violence program, otherwise known as The Secret Garden, which provides a variety of non-residential services to domestic violence survivors with disabilities. The Secret Garden offers case management, safety planning, occupational therapy, short- and long-term individual counseling, advocacy within the medical, mental health, child welfare, law enforcement, and criminal justice systems, and referrals to outside services. These services are provided at Secret Garden’s Manhattan-based office, as well as at New York City-sponsored Family Justice Centers located in the five boroughs.
- Provide individual and group counseling to survivors of domestic violence whom are living with a physical, psychiatric, cognitive, sensory and/or neurodevelopmental disability
- Conduct telephone screenings of calls from the domestic violence hotline
- Provide crisis intervention and other services required to assist survivors
- Complete individualized service plans for survivors related to ongoing recovery, benefits and housing assistance needs, safety planning, and other emerging issues; also ensuring appropriate follow-up activities related to service plan goals and benchmarks
- Work closely with the attorneys at the Brooklyn Legal Services (BLS) two days a week to provide support services, including counseling and case management to survivors with disabilities
- Participate in staff/program meetings and trainings, partner program meetings, and conferences
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of case notes and other related program statistics, as requested, including document and complete the necessary forms at both BLS and Secret Garden
- Conduct outreach and educational presentations to other service providers, policymakers and the general public
- Counseling and case management experience in the field of domestic violence and persons living with disabilities preferred
- Spanish fluency preferred
- SIFI certification preferred
- Ability to work in crisis management environment
- Effective communication skills
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $52,000.00 Hours: 35 hours per week, M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Sick days, Personal days, Paid National Holidays and more.
Sorry, this position is not currently available.