Resident Aide - BFL Apartments FT, PT and Per Diem
Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem (on call) positions
BFL Apartments (BFLA) is a supportive housing program. BFLA offers services to vulnerable and needy populations with disabilities who are survivors of domestic violence, specifically, homeless disabled adults and disabled veterans and for families who have a head of household with a disabling medical condition. BFLA program is physically designed and equipped to serve people with physical disabilities. This program’s facility is located in the South Bronx. There are two buildings: a 70-unit studio apartment building for adult singles and a 50-unit apartment building for families. BFLA’s supportive housing program is located on Cypress Avenue and East 138th -139th Streets.
The Resident Aide reports to the Facility Manager/Super. They will occupy and monitor Reception/Front Desk areas of both sites and are expected to provide assistance to residents and schedule activities and events with residents and clinical staff. The responsibilities and qualification are as follows:
- Provide coverage at the Reception Desk in monitoring entry and exit of staff, residents and visitors; answering and directing, as appropriate, telephone calls; and completing other administrative duties as requested by supervisors.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with fire and other safety regulations related to the facility.
- Maintaining courteous, professional, respectful interactions with all residents, staff and guests.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge of appropriate boundaries with all residents and staff as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Assist in addressing and following up on any incidents related to security or safety within the facility, providing emergency response and crisis management help as needed.
- Ensure timely and appropriate completion of all log and incident documentation required by supervisors in recording security and safety issues/incidents.
- Complete light housekeeping tasks, at the request and direction of the Shift supervisor. These tasks may include, but are not limited to, sweeping, moping, trash removal, snow removal or cleaning when housekeeping staff is unavailable and where a safety concern is determined by the Shift Supervisor.
- Minimum of six months prior experience working in a residential setting preferred.
- Minimum of high school diploma (or GED).
- Strong oral communication skills and fundamental writing competency required.
- Ability to think and act calmly in emergency situations required.
- Experience working with people with disabilities highly desirable.
- Computer literate
- Required to take the Fire Guard Exam
- Spanish or other non-English language skills and/or American Sign Language skills a plus.
Start Date: ASAP
Hour Rate: $12.14
Full time with Benefits Package*
Hours per week: 35.00
4:00 PM to 12:00 AM Monday to Friday
12:00 AM to 8:00 AM Monday to Friday
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid vacation, sick personal and holiday time.
- Life insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick days, Paid Personal days
Part Time Schedule: Saturdays, Sundays, and all holidays
Hours per week: 14 -21
**Three Shift hours: 12:00 am to 8:00 am, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and 4:00 pm to 12:00 am
Per Diem Schedule: On call for all three shifts** on weekdays, weekend and holidays.
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and support to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues.