Resident Aide - Freedom House
Resident Aide at Freedom House Program Full Time/Part Time/Per Diem
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and outreach to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues. Services include case management; housing placements; independent living skills training; occupational therapy; short- and long-term individual counseling; advocacy within the medical, mental health, child welfare, law enforcement, and criminal justice systems; and referrals to outside services.
The Resident Aide reports to the Shift Supervisor and is responsible for assisting in the maintenance of a secure and safe work environment for staff, residents and visitors.
- Provide coverage at the Reception Desk in monitoring entry and exit of staff, residents and visitors; answering and directing, as appropriate, telephone calls; and completing other administrative duties as requested by supervisors.
- Assist in monitoring compliance with fire and other safety regulations related to the facility.
- Maintaining courteous, professional, respectful interactions with al residents, staff and guests.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge of appropriate boundaries with all residents and staff as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Assist in addressing and following up on any incidents related to security or safety within the facility, providing emergency response and crisis management help as needed.
- Ensure timely and appropriate completion of all log and incident documentation required by supervisors in recording security and safety issues/incidents.
- Complete light housekeeping tasks, at the request and direction of the Shift Supervisor. These tasks may include, but are not limited to, sweeping, mopping, trash removal, snow removal or cleaning when housekeeping staff is unavailable and where a safety concern is determined by the Shift Supervisor.
- Minimum of six months prior experience working in a residential setting preferred
- Minimum of high school diploma (or GED).
- Strong oral communication skills and fundamental writing competency required
- Ability to think and act calmly in emergency situations required
- Experience working with people with disabilities highly desirable
- Computer literat
- Required to take the Fire Guard Exam
- Spanish or other non-English language skills and/or American Sign Language skills a plus.
Start Date: ASAP
Hour Rate: $12.38
Shift hours: 4:00 pm to 12:00 am
Full time Hours per week: 35.00 Monday through Friday
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid vacation, sick personal and holiday time.
- Life insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick days, Paid Personal days
Part Time Schedule: Sunday, Monday and all holidays
Hours per week: 14 -21
Schedule: 12:00 AM to 8:00 AM, 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM
Per Diem Schedule: On call for all three shifts on weekdays, weekend and holidays.