Senior Childcare Manager - BFL Apartments Program - Full Time
Barrier Free Living, Holding (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. The Supportive Housing Program is a 120-unit program that provides temporary and permanent housing to vulnerable and needy populations with disabilities who are survivors of domestic violence. The program exists on one property that will have adjacent buildings: a 70-unit studio apartment building for adult singles located at 616 East 139th Street, Bronx, NY 10454 and a 50-unit apartment building (19 one bedrooms and 31 two bedrooms) for families located at 637 East 138th Street, Bronx, NY 10454. Specifically, our program will provide housing and support services for homeless disabled adults and disabled veterans (70 units of studio apartments NY/NY III Priority I Pop A) and for families who have a head of household with a disabling medical condition (50 units of one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments NY/NY III Priority V Pop G). Our Supportive Housing program is physically designed and equipped to serve people with all kinds of physical disabilities. This position spends part of its time assisting each program
The Senior Childcare Manager reports to the Director of Social Services.
- Managers Time & Attendance and scheduling/staffing for Childcare workers.
- Participates in meetings with Social Workers and Clinical Staff.
- Communicates effectively with the parents regarding Childcare Program programs such as After School and child-centered programs.
- Attends staff meetings and Tenant meetings as invited.
- Ensures that Childcare programs, protocols and lesson plans are adhered to.
- Supervises the engagement of children in all recreational and play activities.
- Maintain effective disciplinary policies.
- Maintain good communication and share concerns with clinical team and parents.
- Evaluates and trains all Childcare staff.
- Provides direct child care services.
- Facilitates recreational activities/groups
- High School Diploma and NYS Teacher Assistant Certification preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience working with children with disabilities preferred.
- Bi-lingual and ASL knowledgeable a plus.
- Must be enthusiastic and constantly alert.
- Must have 2 years of experience working with children in an Educational setting (school, day care, head start program or nursery).
- Must communicate effectively with the children and their parents, as well as with other child care workers.
- CPR/First Aid Certification and CPI are required.
Annual Salary: $38,000.00 + Benefit Package*
Full Time hours per week: 35.00 – Monday through Friday
- Mondays through Fridays: 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM (varies some day)
- Some Saturdays: Special Events, Hours varies
*Benefits Package: Medical, dental and vision, Paid vacation, sick personal and holiday time, Life insurance, Retirement Plan – 403(b), Professional Work environment.