Senior Childcare Worker - BFL Apartments Program - Full Time
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and support to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues.
BFL Apartments (BFLA) is a supportive housing program. BFLA offers services to vulnerable and needy populations with disabilities who are survivors of domestic violence, specifically, homeless disabled adults and disabled veterans and for families who have a head of household with a disabling medical condition. BFLA program is physically designed and equipped to serve people with physical disabilities. This program’s facility is located in the South Bronx. There are two buildings: a 70-unit studio apartment building for adult singles and a 50-unit apartment building for families. BFLA’s supportive housing program is located on Cypress Avenue and East 138th -139th Streets. The Senior Childcare Worker reports to the Director of Social Services and to the Program Director.
- Manages Time & Attendance and scheduling/staffing for Childcare workers.
- Participates in weekly meetings with Social Workers.
- Communicates effectively with the parents regarding Childcare Program protocols.
- Attends all staff meetings.
- Ensures that Childcare curriculum and lesson plans are adhered to.
- Supervises the engagement of children in all recreational and play activities.
- Maintain effective disciplinary policies.
- Maintain good communication and share concerns with clinical team.
- Provides direct child care services.
- Facilitates recreational activities/groups
- Maintain group notes
- High School Diploma – NYS Teacher Assistant Certification preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Experience working with children with disabilities preferred.
- Must be enthusiastic and constantly alert.
- Must have 2 years of experience working with children in an Educational setting (school, day care, head start program or nursery).
- Must communicate effectively with the children and their parents, as well as with other child care workers.
- CPR/First Aid Certification and CPI are preferred.
Annual Salary: $44,000.00 + Benefit Package*
Full Time hours per week: 35.00 – Monday through Friday
- Mondays through Fridays: 10:30 AM to 6:30 PM (varies some day)
- Some Saturdays: Special Events, Hours varies
*Benefits Package: Medical, dental and vision, Paid vacation, sick personal and holiday time, Life insurance, Retirement Plan – 403(b), Professional Work environment.
Public Assistant Recipient are encouraged to apply.