Maintenance Worker - Freedom House
Maintenance Worker, Part Time or Per Diem
The Maintenance Housekeeper reports to the Freedom House Facilities Manager.
- Assist with general building maintenance and cleaning within the facility and outside surrounding area which includes but is not limited to mopping, sweeping, snow removal, cleaning of compactor room, discarding of garbage.
- Light repairs, painting, buffing and waxing of floors
- Assist with the cleaning of apartments when resident’s leave and prepare for new arriving resident
- Assist Resident Aides in picking up new family’s at designated location
- Assist with loading and unloading van
- Assist staff in conducting Fire drills
- Maintain courteous professionalism, respectful interactions with all resident’s staff and visitors.
- Participate in all required trainings and meetings
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience in the field of General Maintenance, cleaning and repair
- Experience working in a residential/shelter setting a plus
- English and Spanish/ Knowledge of ASL a plus
- Ability to work within a team
- Good communication and writing skills
- Computer literate
Start Date: ASAP
Hourly Rate: $11.50
Position Available: Part Time/ Per Diem
Hours: 21 hours per week for Part Time
Pay Rate: $11.50 Hourly
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and outreach to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues.