Security - Transitional Housing
Full Time , Part Time and Per diem (on call) positions
Barrier Free Living (BFL) is dedicated to helping New Yorkers with disabilities live independently in the community. Through its various programs, BFL provides a broad range of residential and non-residential services to disabled survivors of domestic violence, transitional shelter to the disabled homeless, and outreach to physically disabled individuals with mental health and/or chemical addiction issues. Services include case management; housing placements; independent living skills training; occupational therapy; short- and long-term individual counseling; advocacy within the medical, mental health, child welfare, law enforcement, and criminal justice systems; and referrals to outside services. The safety of our residents, clients and staff is of great importance to BFL and an important component of every employee’s job description and responsibility.
The Reception/Security team member reports to the Facility Manager
- Provide coverage at the Reception Desk in monitoring entry and exit of staff, residents and visitors; answering and directing, as appropriate, telephone calls; and completing other administrative duties as requested by supervisors.
- Greet all visitors and direct them to the appropriate party
- Search the bags of all persons entering and leaving the facility
- Provides appropriate information to people (consumers, colleagues, third-parties) needed to gain or give services, in a courteous, professional manner.
- Answers phone with courtesy; guides callers to appropriate party; offers appropriate information over the phone and ends all calls per customer service manual guidelines
- Maintain all agency materials (brochures, informational flyers) in a visible position and stocked for visitors and staff at all times
- Make hourly checks of the facility to ensure the safety of residents and staff
- Maintain a daily log
- Respond to and deescalate incidents
- Receive and log packages
- Monitor activity in the facility via camera system
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus
- Working knowledge of the fire systems and a certificate of fitness
- Working knowledge of all the emergency service information and be able to direct the emergency personnel in a professional manner.
Hourly Rate: $12.00
Shift Hours: 12:00 am to 8:00 am, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm and 4:00 pm to 12:00 am
Full Time Position with Benefit Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Paid vacation, Sick days, Personal days, Paid National Holidays, etc.
Part Time: Paid vacation, Sick days, Personal days, Paid National Holidays, etc.
Per Diem (on call) with paid Sick days.
Hours per week: Full Time: 35:00
Part Time 14:00 to 21:00
Per Diem: This position is on call coverage for three shifts Weekdays, Weekends and holidays.