Vision & Values
Watch this short film to see how Barrier Free Living helps people with disabilities help themselves.
Barrier Free Living empowers individuals with disabilities to live independent, dignified lives free of abuse.
Barrier Free Living is our vision. We strive for a world free from abuse and bias, where people with disabilities live in a supportive physical environment. In this world, society values all its members and individuals with disabilities are free of any internal barriers barring them from reaching their fullest potential.
- The power to change lies within the individual.
- Taking personal responsibility enhances an individual’s self esteem.
- An individual’s strengths are the building blocks to achieving life’s goals.
- People who understand and build the skills and the mind set to become independent are less likely to accept abuse or be abusive.
- Failure is an integral part of growth, which can lead to progress and success.
- Parents who value themselves provide a solid foundation for their children’s growth.
- Healthy families place a value on children’s voices.
- Information is empowerment. Sharing knowledge helps everyone.
- Trusting relationships are built on a foundation of confidentiality.
- A holistic perspective embraces the individual’s self-determination, culture, religion and values.
- The goals of staff and consumers are best achieved through teamwork.